Do you need to make a payment to the SJ Band?
We accept Cash, Money Order (Cashier’s Check), Cheddar Up, and Zelle!
Scroll down to the bottom of this page for QR codes to make your payment. Paying with Cash or Money Order? Bring it to the front office or the Band Hall!
All fundraising and payments made go directly into the San Jacinto JHS Band Booster account. Please refer to our fees and Spring Trip Dues that are stated below. This same information is also held within our Mighty Mustang Band Handbook.
To gain insight about how we handle Fundraising and our Payment Refund Policy, you can locate this specific information within our Mighty Mustang Band Handbook as well.
All students will need to pay fees for participation in the band:
- $75 Band Fee per year.
- This covers many expenses to get the band season up and running. The San Jacinto Band Booster Club helps provide the cost of feeding the students, purchasing music, publishing rights, specialty instruction, medical supplies, and other expenses incurred. It also includes transportation to the events, the food served at competitions, expenses to get the trailer to and from competitions, registration fees, and other miscellaneous expenses for travel to and from local competitions.
- $75 Maintenance Fee per year (for students using school owned instruments).
- This fee covers the summer flush out and cleaning of each instrument that is used by a band kid. This ensures that every kid gets a working instrument at the beginning of every year. This fee does not cover emergency repairs during the school year.
- .25 Copy Fee
- This small fee covers any student who has lost any music that has already been given to them and needs extra copies.
- $36 Solo and Ensemble Cancellation Fee
- Any student who fails to attend without giving a weeks notice will be charged this fee to cover the cost of the contest.
Students must first pay their band fee & instrument rental (if applicable) in order to go on the end-of-year Spring Trip Competition.
We are aware that at times there are financial hardships. All fees can be fundraised. Money is not an obstacle for participation in the SJ Band Program.
Spring Trip 2023 Soon to be Announced!
Spring Trip 2022
Every year, we take a trip! Both bands will participate in a Solo and Ensemble competition and/or a full band performance in front of judges. After our performance(s), we have fun for the remainder of the day. The cost of the 2021-2022 trip is as follows:
ALL Bands $225: Arlington, TX at Six Flags Over Texas to attend the music showcase for 3 full band performances: Honor Band, Symphonic Band, Beginning Band.
Our final price includes:
- Transportation costs to and from our destination (motor coaches included)
- Entry fees for the full band competition
- Entry fee into park
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Trip perks such as a free group t-shirt, name badge with emergency contact phone numbers and mini itinerary
Students may bring their own spending money for snacks if time allows.
Students must pay/fundraise both their band fee and/or Instrument Rental Fee and participate in the UIL/Spring concert in order to go on the Spring Trip.
Requirements for Spring Trip: Students must meet the following requirement to attend the Spring Trip:
- Students must pass ALL classes this 5th 6 weeks in order to go on the Spring Trip!
- Honor Band Members ONLY: If students failed the 4th 6 weeks, they MUST recover by March 18th to participate in UIL and go on the Spring Trip.
- Students must attend required performances and rehearsals.
- Students must participate in SJ Band Booster fundraisers and/or have all fees paid.
- Full Spring Trip Fee, Instrument Rental Fee (if renting instrument from San Jacinto Band), and Band Dues
- Students must submit an Allergy Form beforehand to designate any allergies (form can be picked up and turned in at the Band Hall)
- Required forms such as the Online Registration Form must be submitted.
- Wanting your child to stay in Arlington after our Six Flags Trip? Please submit the Trip Change Form to a director beforehand. This form can be picked up in the Band Hall. Note that this form also needs to be signed by Principal Gore. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE GIVEN.