***The following information may also be located in the San Jacinto Mighty Mustang Band Handbook.***
Every year, we take a trip! Both bands will participate in a Solo and Ensemble competition and/or a full band performance in front of judges. After our performance(s), we have fun for the remainder of the day. The cost of the 2021-2022 trip is as follows:
ALL Bands $225: Arlington, TX at Six Flags Over Texas to attend the music showcase for 3 full band performances: Honor Band, Symphonic Band, Beginning Band.
Our final price includes:
- Transportation costs to and from our destination (motorcoaches included)
- Entry fees for the full band competition
- Entry fee into park
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Trip perks such as a free group t-shirt, name badge with emergency contact phone numbers and mini itinerary
Students may bring their own spending money for snacks if time allows.
Students must pay/fundraise their band fee and participate in the UIL/Spring concert in order to go on the Spring Trip.
Requirements for Spring Trip
Students must meet the following requirement to attend the Spring Trip:
- Student must pass ALL classes the 6 Week Grading Period BEFORE the trip in order to be eligible to participate..
- Student must attend required performances and rehearsals.
- Student must participate in SJ Band Booster fundraisers and/or have all fees paid.
- Full Spring Trip Fee, Instrument Rental Fee (if renting instrument from San Jacinto Band), and Band Dues
*Required forms must be submitted.*